Everyone plays | Everyone Volunteers
About GREENPOINT WILLIAMSBURG YOUTH SOCCER LEAGUE
Greenpoint Williamsburg Youth Soccer League (GWYSL - AYSO Region 1328), is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization dedicated to youth soccer. We receive no public funds and all of our expenses are paid from the registration fees of the children who play. We expect all parents to participate in a volunteer role.
About AMERICAN YOUTH SOCCER ORGANIZATION (AYSO)
AYSO is a non-profit organization that provides youth soccer programs for participants all over the United States and internationally in the Virgin Islands and Trinidad and Tobago. Consisting of over 50,000 teams and 500,000 players nationwide, AYSO is one of the leading youth soccer organizations in the world. It is often called “the biggest soccer club in the world.”
AYSO has developed a soccer program based on age appropriate psychological and physical development of children. It is the only national youth sports organization to take this into account for learning and teaching a sport. For more information on the league philosophy, please also visit www.AYSO.org
THE SIX Philosophies
We are affiliated with the AYSO because we believe strongly in the six principles of of AYSO:
- Everybody Plays - Every child, in every game will play at least half the game.
- Open Registration - Any child, with any level of experience or skills is welcome to come to play.
- Balanced Teams - The best game is an even game, so we try (even during the season) to balance the teams.
- Positive Coaching - Always positive reinforcement from the sidelines. (And that means you, mom and dad.)
- Sportsmanship - Respect for coaches, for referees, and, most of all, for each other.
- Player Development - We believe all players should be given the opportunity to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities.
If you're new to our league, or just need a refresher, please check out this 12 minute video on being a great soccer parent.